SUPPORT FOR AMBETTER MEMBERS IN ALLEN AND BROWNSVILLE
Ambetter from Superior HealthPlan extends our deepest condolences to those affected by the tragic events in Allen and Brownsville. If you are an Ambetter Health member and were impacted in any way, we want to support you.
Call our free 24/7 Nurse Advice Line or Member Services at 1-877-687-1196 if you need to:
- Get help dealing with stress or depression.
- Speak with a certified, licensed mental health clinician.
Additional Trauma Resources
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN) has developed resources to help children, families and communities navigate what they are seeing and hearing, acknowledge their feelings, and find ways to cope together. These resources include:
- Helping Youth After a Community Trauma: Tips for Educators
- For Teens: Coping After Mass Violence
- Helping School-Age Children with Traumatic Grief: Tips for Caregivers
- Helping Teens with Traumatic Grief: Tips for Caregivers
- Helping Young Children with Traumatic Grief: Tips for Caregivers
- Pause-Reset-Nourish (PRN) to Promote Wellbeing
Psychological First Aid
The NCTSN also has resources for responders on Psychological First Aid (PFA). PFA is an early intervention to support children, adolescents, adults, and families impacted by these types of events. The PFA Wallet Card provides a quick reminder of the core actions. PFA Handouts include:
- Parent Tips for Helping Infants and Toddlers
- Parent Tips for Helping Preschoolers
- Parent Tips for Helping School-Age Children
- Parent Tips for Helping Adolescents
- Tips for Adults